Hallelujah! There’s a better way to market your business.
For decades, we’ve been told we must “touch people’s pain” to successfully market our businesses. We’ve been told to talk about people’s struggle. Their overwhelm. Their ‘fear of missing out.’
And then, we’ve been told, we need to say we have the magic solution–the six step plan, the 3 part formula, the 17 pillars–that will fix it all.
We’ve been told that this was what marketing was. This was how marketing works. This was what we must do.
Well, that old way of marketing is on its death bed. People are wising up. They see that old marketing B.S. for what it is – and they’re lining up to work with people who don’t do it.
It’s time for a change.
It’s time for a new approach to marketing.
It’s time for a way of talking to potential clients that inspires sales because it genuinely inspires people.
Can I get a hallelujah?
Discover the ‘one story’ at the heart of your work…
One Story is like world-class fishing. While I’m not the first person to suggest a strong correlation between marketing and fishing, think about it. We must be strategic and thoughtful about the bait we use to catch the fish we want. If you talk about how much your reader is struggling, overwhelmed, or stuck, is it any wonder that people who show up on your doorstep feel that way?
You’ll meet a radically different approach at One Story. Rooted in the groundbreaking work of mythologist Joseph Campbell, we’ll uncover the ‘hero’s journey’ that your clients and customers are on… the story that calls them to more, invites them ‘across the threshold’ and reminds them that the road to real results is rarely paved but always worth it.
Over the past 7 years, I’ve quietly used this approach to write profitable websites, successful email marketing campaigns, and rebrand entire businesses in exciting and effective ways. It’s classy. It’s inspiring. And it works.
One Story is the only place I teach business owners this new approach to marketing.
I have two intentions for our time together.
Connect you with high-quality colleagues, Accountabilibuddies, resources, referral partners, and friends – Everyone’s been in Write Club, worked with me privately, or is a friend who got snuck in. These are your people!
Discover the One Story approach and apply it to your business so your marketing creates high-quality fans, leads and clients… and a “somebody pinch me” life for you!
- One Story starts 9 am Friday, February 24th at the One Story Meeting Space for Morning Meeting. Coffee and teas will be served, Stella will give a special Pep Talk, and you’ll meet everyone and get instructions for the day’s activity. (Hint: please wear pants). At the end of a fun and memorable day, you can take some quiet time on your own or gather with the social butterflies in the group out for a drink in fabulous Austin, Texas.
- On Saturday, February 25th, we’ll meet at the One Story Meeting Space again for a full day workshop, 9am – 6pm. Breakfast and lunch will be provided (and don’t worry, we know how to feed people with food sensitivities, allergies, and preferences. And we love veggies and fresh food as much as you!) Stella will teach the One Story structure, and you can expect wild inspired note taking, workshopping your message in real time, moving around, interacting with other people, and introvert breaks. Maybe some Shut Up And Write time, too, if we’re feeling it. Dinner is on your own with new friends and people you’ve been seeing online – finally, hang out in person!
- On Sunday, February 26th, we’ll gather at the One Story Meeting Space again for breakfast together and the Action Day of the workshop (we’ll start at 9am). The focus for this session is to get you clear about how what you just uncovered applies to the next 30 days and beyond. You’ll return home with amazing connections, the one story you tell in all your marketing, and a clear plan for how to implement your powerful new message in the next 30 days. We’ll end at 1pm (That said, please don’t book your flight out before 5pm so you don’t miss the best part!).
Austin/Bergstrom Airport (AUS) is 8 miles from South Congress (17 minutes)
Stay where you like — we suggest:
- Airbnb.com (Locations nearby to filter for: South Congress, East Congress, West Congress, Travis Heights, Barton Hills, Zilker, Bouldin, Dawson, St. Edwards, Downtown, East Downtown, Old West Austin, Rollingwood, South Lamar, Westlake Hills, South First)
- South Congress Hotel (check tripadvisor for deals) – This is the newest gem on S. Congress, the hippest street in Austin, complete with a rooftop bar & deck. They also house Café No Se, with the best croissants in town.
- Hotel San Jose – A much-loved Austin landmark, Hotel San Jose is a renovated motor lodge. A “2-Star hotel with a 5-Star rating”. This is urban hipster, with minimal but well-appointed rooms. Not to mention you can borrow a typewriter or polaroid – just ask at the desk!
- Embassy Suites – Your everyday Embassy, at the far end of Congress (near the water!). This is an option for those who travel with points or want to team up with others in a suite or shared room.
You can rent a car, or get around town with Fare or Fasten ridesharing, as Uber and Lyft are no longer allowed in Austin. Apps are available for both services. If you stay on S. Congress, you will be in walking proximity to Vuka, our event space, as well as numerous restaurants, bars, and food trucks. Downtown Austin, Rainey Street, 6th Street. West 6th Street, the bat bridge, and the Capital center are only a brisk walk or rideshare hop away.
Get your ticket today!
Treat yourself to a weekend getaway away from your routine. Uncover the epic story you are already telling through your work (yep, it’s there now. Yep, we’ll help you uncover it at One Story). Use the right ‘bait’ in your marketing so you catch the client ‘fish’ you dream of. Meet high-action, low-drama comrades who can become the colleagues, Accountabilibuddies, referral partners, resources and friends you need to grow a business and have a great life. Most importantly, give yourself the room to scheme, dream, and get connected with the other powerhouses in the Stella Orange community.
*Charged 30 days apart